I think it safe to say the world has become obsessed with the social networking site Twitter. Happy? Let me tweet that. Sad? I can tweet that. Pissed off? Let me tell the world. Twitter is an amazing way to express every feeling, emotion, or idea to millions of people in less than 140 characters. Twitter is also a great way to have personal contact with your favorite celebrities and athletes. Twitter has also become a major source of news, updates, and information.
About Twitter
| Jack Dorsey, Creator of Twitter |
Twitter and the President
Twitter has caused such a stir in recent years that President Obama now has a White House Twitter page. With this new Twitter page President Obama recently hosted a Twitter town hall meeting where people could tweet different questions into the president. There was 169,305 tweet sent into the president but of course not all of those were answered. This was not the first time that President Obama has used Twitter and other social networking to connect with Americans. In the 2008 Presidential campuses use gain, Obama was known for his use of social networking to reach supporters.
The Twitter vs. Facebook Debate
This has been a big debate among many social network goers. Lately I have never been to a social gathering where I haven’t been asked are you on twitter or Facebook? Twitter and Facebook are two big social networking giants so it’s only fair that the two sites are always in comparison. So which is better? I would say Facebook in my opinion but I know some people who would argue that. When it all boils down they all have their advantages and disadvantages.
Just for kicks: Follow me twitter.com/iamdonielle
No comments:
Post a Comment