Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pulling it all Together

My key terms for rhetoric include; the five canons of speech, three forms of persuasive appeal, imagination, remediation, revision, and editing. The five canons of speech are necessary to effectively composing a speech. Invention is the first canon. Invention is the manner in which information is presented. Arrangement is important to speech writing, this canon gives organization and fluidity to the composition. Style infuses your personality into your piece. The presentation of correct and purposeful language adds style to the text. Memory is sometimes forgotten as a canon, but it is important for the orator to fully know the text. Delivery ties into the invention, both canons effectively present the speech. Delivery is the use of effective gestures and vocal techniques like diction and dialect. This combination logos, pathos, ethos, are the very success of “good” writing. Logos relies on reason and influences many segments of an audience. Pathos taps into your emotion and changes your mind. Ethos calls to speaker’s authority. The speaker influences others, therefore he attains some power. Remediation will be touched on in my next paragraph. Revision and editing, all week we’ve discussed this topic.
I’ve realized how greatly revision impacts editing. Thanks to Nancy Sommers and Williams, I know that revision is the pre-writing process for editing. Editing involves many forms of revision, but surpasses it with the finally steps of editing. I picked these terms, because I find them necessary to become a better composer. Reflection was mentioned by Yancey. But I don’t think it so important to do so. I don’t feel it matches many rhetorical situations. It should be done at time of pre-flexion. My theory of composing has been remediated. I saw things much differently prior to interpreting this medium. My theory of composing is all terms within my terms of rhetoric. I feel that composing requires much knowledge. Like with blog post about remediation (The mini assignment of (re)mediation).I fully agree that we require previous knowledge. I feel that nothing is truly original. Whether we’re referring back to a classic or in this modern age, we still used evidence of success. I do reply on further knowledge than my own to write an excellent composition. The knowledge this class requires is far more immense than I imagined. This class requires you to familiarize yourself with many design based digital programs, the writing process, and finding yourself as a composer. Before this class I had my ideas of who I was a composer, but they have transcended due to remediation. I have shared with you what I’ve collected in this course thus far.

Wordle: Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment