Throughout the past semester you have been discussing the process of composing and your identity as a composer. For this last (!) blog post, I want you to discuss who you believe you are as a writer, composer and/or an editor (note the "and" so you can be all three and not just one or the other). To do this I want you to have a little fun, so I'm not looking for you to do a traditional 500 word response. What I want is you to think about how you could represent the characteristics that define you as a writer/composer/editor that you have developed and honed this semester (and those that you came in with).
Some suggestions for ways to create this:
*A job wanted ad or a personal
*A persona poem
*Through a series of images
*an obit
*a short short (short fiction piece)
The options are open. You can respond back to this post OR you can create a new post.
This should be as long as it needs to be to get your point across. I should see elements of you----so I should be able to get a sense of who wrote what without even looking at the author's name.
And remember: have fun with this---it's your last one for this class.
Heck yes!! ;-)
Due: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 by classtime.
While I attempt to compose my own piece
ReplyDeleteI think of words that may please;
To entertain, to grasp the reader
Reflection and revision must occur for a writer.
Old school or new school, it really doesn't matter.
But for me, I like pen and paper.
As a writer, things that aren't real don't stir my interest.
So I steer clear from the things that I detest.
No fairy-tales or science fictions,
will consist in my compositions.
I like to talk about things that are real
But in a way that doesn't sound like a drill.
Just because the words' meanings stay the same,
You don't want your work to sound lame.
With the specific use of words and the emotions that your writing spark,
It gives your voice personality to leave a mark.
Though we are gathered here today to say goodbye to our loved one Kayla, we ask that you do not cry for she is gone but rejoice in the idea that she lived a wonderful and happy life. Kayla was what one could call a character. She constantly had a smile on her face as she tried to brighten up everyone’s day with the happiness she felt deep in her heart. Kayla was known to crack a joke during the most difficult times to remind us that through great tragedy comes a wonderful sense of humor. The way Kayla lived her life; one could only aspire to ever measure up. Kayla allowed for who she is as a person to shine in throughout her work as well. Living for quotes, Kayla made sure to have a quote for every aspect of her life. Most of her writings consisted of a famous quote by someone that was able to relate to exactly what task someone may have at hand.
ReplyDeleteAs a writer, Kayla always tried to make sure her true self was always visible. A firm believer in the notion of peace, Kayla brought a sense of peace and calm to any form of work she was working on. Truly a person who practiced self awareness and always expressed herself, Kayla tried to always leave a piece of who she was in her work to make sure that the reader was able to understand her standpoint on a situation.
Always one to help others in need, Kayla constantly thought about others when doing anything that was at hand. When looking over someone else’s work, Kayla made sure to take a voice that would encourage a change for the better while allowing the other person to still have room to grow as an individual.
We are going to miss Kayla but we will remember her for the good things that she brought to this world as a writer, friend and a lover. And as Kayla would say “remember me for the good I brought. Do not cry because I am gone, but rejoice in the fact that I lived. Life must end, Love doesn’t.”
( I know a little creepy because its an obituary but it was my roomies Idea! who better to tell others about you than the people who loved you most right?)