Caroline as a composer is similar to Caroline as a person...or at least that's what I aim for. You always know what you're going to get, it's never fake, it'll never leave you guessing, always....I hate monotony. I hate works that

make your eyes bleed. They're necessary in many cases but
my writing is colorful and I try to entertain my audience...similar to my efforts of entertaining my real life audience..life is too short not to.

When I begin, I try to think outside of the box. I believe the best thoughts come when you're hard
ly waiting on them. Your ideas flutter when you don't try to cage them. Your first instinct is usually the most accurate. My first draft, although a little rusty, is the one I should go with because it's usually how I really feel.
Once the work is finished, I believe strongly in reflection. It helps to expand and explore, to make connections and to gain full under

standing. When I reflect I take into consideration all aspects of the work; how they fit together, how they don't; how well I convey my thoughts. I reflect before I revise to finalize my thoughts.
Once it's time to edit, whether it's my work or another, I always try to be fair. I have to tell myself to chill out...SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will think my work is good...even if it's just my mom. This could possibly be a psychotic way to compose...but as some say, writers are hard on themselves. Anyways, as an editor I think one's word is only respectable if it's...
!!!!!!!!! There is a way to convey a point without being harsh. No one likes to be crucified in a critique, it lessens a persons confidence and makes them feel even more incompetent than they may already feel. I believe no matter what you do..it's best to do you. Composing is a time when a person can let their true colors shine, avoiding persecution and rejection. Who cares if someone doesn't like your work? Someone will..even if it's just your mom....
No comments:
Post a Comment