-Jay-Z, A Dream
Disclaimer: For those off the hip-hop radar, The title "The Black Post" is in reference to Jay-z's "The Black Album" which was his last album before his (short) retirement.
Dee as a Composer
As a composer I am all over the place. My basic theory of composing is taking my random thoughts and trying to make them sound smart. If not smart at least grammatically correct.
Sometimes I am biggest procrastinator in getting these thoughts down, but when there are no new status updates on Facebook or my Twitter timeline seems to be dead and I cant find a simple YouTube video that’s interesting and sit down at the computer and Just Do It!
As a writer I feel that I am someone loves to back up my words. I like incorporating others ideas into my ideas to give the reader a better understanding of why I think what I think. I just said a mouthful.
As an Editor, I think this person is till evolving. I like to get my ideas and suggestions across without having to rip someone’s paper apart especially when it comes to peer review. No one wants to be the big nasty mean editor. I remember an old episode of Sex and the City when Carrie first went to work at Vogue and her editor, played by Candice Bergen didn’t like anything she wrote. That’s the editor I DON’T want to be. I am striving to be an editor that can take a piece of okay writing and turn it into a good or great piece of writing without the author having to do it all over again.
So in this world of Writing, Editing, and Print I am a composer of thoughts and an editor of loyalty.



No comments:
Post a Comment